Sunday, June 7, 2009

Easy 4 miler on the treadmill

I almost didn't run today! My husband and I don't get too many days off together, so I was very very tempted to just stay snuggled up with him in the chair. I was strong, though, and went to the gym for an easy 4 mile run on the treadmill. It was way too hot to run outside today...the sun is just beating down out there. Usually I will wait till the evening to run outside, but this evening is Symphony Sunday at the University of Charleston and I've been looking forward to going to that for weeks. The WV Symphony Orchestra will be playing all day, and there will be lots of food vendors and boat events on the river, plus fireworks tonight. I'm so excited! So, I ran on the treadmill. I went about an 11:30 min/mile pace. That pace was nice and easy and I felt great the whole time. I finished my workout with some abs. I really need to put together a good weight lifting routine, especially for my legs. I'm worried that I'm putting too much stress on my knees because my hamstrings are too weak. Any ideas on some leg exercises?

Next workout: Zumba Tuesday
Next run: Wednesday - easy 4 miler

Total miles so far this week: 4

2 comments:

  1. Ah the dreaded treadmill. I really hate that thing. Good luck on your training

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mix it a little, but not too much. It's good stuff!

    ReplyDelete